CLeaR - Excellence in local tobacco control
Related Documents Click links to download
- CLeaR Self-Assessment Questionnaire
- Foreword by Duncan Selbie
- CLeaR Thinking, Excellence in local tobacco control
- The value of being a CLeaR peer assessor
- Councillors and CLeaR Assessments
- CLeaR improvement report (sample)
- A handbook for self assessors
- A guide to clear assessment for CLeaR peer and core assessors with apendices
- Local Toolkit
What is CLeaR?
CLeaR is a new approach to improving local tobacco control, specially designed for councils in England as they take on their new responsibilities for public health.
Think of CLeaR as a pause for structured reflection. It starts with a simple self assessment exercise where council officers and their partners review local action to tackle tobacco. Please downloard the assessment questionnaire (Excel) to get started.
Councils who want to become members of the CLeaR partnership get support and training in self assessment and ultimately a peer assessment from colleagues expert in tobacco control and the CLeaR model.
After their visit, peer assessors will provide a succinct improvement report highlighting strengths and areas for improvement.
Next Assessor Training
For more information about smoking in your region, visit our Local Toolkit; a set of materials to help ensure that tackling tobacco use is high on the local public health agenda.
CLeaR – Making it easy to do it well